MOULTRIE — A Colquitt County man was treated for injuries Saturday after reporting that he was assaulted at his Hawthorne Drive residence.
William Sloan Jr., of the 200 block of Hawthorne Drive, told police that when he went outside at about 10:15 p.m. to get his cell phone charger someone stepped out from behind his car. Sloan reported the assailant, who was dressed in black and wearing a black hood, slashed at him with a sharp object that appeared to be a box cutter, and punched him in the face.
Sloan reported that he was cut on his right arm.
He was treated at the scene by emergency medical personnel who advised him to go to Colquitt Regional Medical Center, sheriff’s reports said.
A hospital spokeswoman said that Sloan was treated and released.
The incident remains under investigation.
• Donald Conner, 600 block Funston-Sigsbee Road, reported Friday locating a deer stand stolen in January at a local pawn shop.
Pawn Depot, 209 Sixth St. S.E., gave police the name of a man who pawned the deer stand for $35, and also filed a report of a theft by deception.
The pawn shop turned the deer stand over to a deputy who returned it to Conner.
• Flynn Morgan, 100 block James Lane, reported the theft of property and cash totaling $624.
• Richard Dell, first block 30th Avenue Northeast, reported Friday the theft of a great Pyrenees dog valued at $2,000.
• Randall Carroll, 1000 block Riggs Store Road, reported Saturday the theft of nine tractor weights valued at $1,800.
• Bernice Williams, first block Tucks Lane, reported Saturday the theft of a riding lawn mower valued at $1,500.
• Kenny Knighton, 100 block Hidden Acres, reported Saturday the theft of a Poulan Pro lawn mower valued at $350.
• Willie McIntyre, 1000 block U.S. Hwy. 319 S., reported Saturday that drawers in a dresser and chest of drawers were ransacked and that $2 in change was taken from a dish on a table.
• Robert Ray Myrick, 17, 222 Grizzly Bear Road, Norman Park, was charged Wednesday with criminal trespass.
• Patrick Lee Phillips, 23, 3109 Veterans Parkway Apt. B-11, was charged Friday with forgery and attempting to acquire or obtain possession of a controlled substance by forgery.
• Chancey Kyle Harris, 35, 252 Third St. S.E., was charged Sunday with theft by deception.
• Melissa Lyn Poole, 28, 260 Greenfield Church Road, was charged Wednesday with simple battery and driving while license suspended.
• Jaris Tashon Henry, 32, 424 Third Ave. N.W., was charged Sunday with theft by taking.
• Latismia Shandrell Williams, 33, 1221 Elliot Brown St., was charged Saturday with driving while license withdrawn.
• Marquise Perez Knight, 27, 612 Fourth St. N.W., was charged Friday with possession of firearm or knife while trying to commit crimes, theft by receiving stolen property and possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
• Luis Corona, 25, 1312 Overlook Drive, was charged Friday with no driver’s license and driving under the influence endangerment of child.
• Cesar Escobar, 24, 3885 Hwy. 111, Hartsfield, was charged Sunday with driving under the influence, failure to maintain lane and expired driver’s license.
• Willie F. Graham, 62, 1713 First Ave. S.E. Room 133, was charged Saturday with trespassing.
• Jennifer Santana Scott, 611 Eighth Ave. N.W. Apt. A, was charged Friday with cruelty to children.
• Lonn Ovis Wilson, 39, 407 First Ave. S.E. Apt. 6, was charged Saturday with public indecency.
• Timothy Mark Tillman, 49, 118 WMTM Road, was charged Friday with battery.
• Ricky Lewis Forrest, 55, 1519 Georgia Ave., Albany, was charged Saturday with disorderly conduct.
• Manuel Garza, 30, 1315 Overlook Drive, was charged Sunday with reckless conduct.
• David M. Spence, 49, 212 Third St. N.W. Apt. B, was charged Saturday with public drunkenness.
• Alvin Quientney Johnson, 27, 902 Eighth Ave. S.E., was charged Wednesday with battery.
• Andrew Paul Johnson, 18, 609 Bear Creek Road, Norman Park.
• Kristy Ann McDaniel, 31, 121 Carlton Drive, Norman Park.
• Thomas Lamar King Jr., 31, 827 Shy Manor Drive Apt. 1.
• Adriana Shuntrell Hawkins, 22, 550 27th St. S.E. Apt. 6.
• Carmen Aurelle Carter, 31, 610 W. St. Lot 20, Sylvester.
• David Allen Carroll, 50, 185 Ruth St.
• Kambrea Flourence, 35, 1221 Elliot Brown St.
Norman Park Police
• Ishmel Raphael Stevenson, 23, 185 Medders Drive, Omega.
• Jennifer Barden, 200 block Jasmine Lane, Omega, reported the theft of a gas can from her property and gas from automobiles from two neighbors’ cars.
• Donnie Sloan, 600 block Ernest Norman Road, reported Saturday that a brick was thrown at his mail box and others nearby.
The officer investigating the incident found two other mail boxes that had been struck by bricks.
• An officer investigating a motorist’s report that another driver struck a mail box in the 2200 block of Lower Meigs Road was able to locate the driver. The witness gave police a description and tag number of the truck.
When police spoke to the owner of the truck he was intoxicated. He later met an officer at the site of the damaged mail box and agreed to have it repaired.
• Jonathan Powell, 300 block Honey Bear Road, Norman Park, reported Saturday that a driver struck a 1999 Chevrolet S-10 parked on Serena Drive.