MOULTRIE -- Numerous thefts were reported over the weekend in Moultrie and Colquitt County with at least 11 people saying they were victims of crime.
- Scotty Barnes reported an unknown person broke out a passenger window of his Dodge pickup while it was parked at Northgate Apartments on Fourth Avenue Northeast Sunday. Damage to the window was unknown at the time of report. Barnes did provide police with the name of a male acquaintance he suspects broke the window.
- James Rhodes, of East Central Avenue, reported an unknown person stole a toolbox, containing various Stanley tools, from under his wife's vehicle between 6 p.m. Friday and 1:45 p.m. Sunday. The total value of the stolen items was approximately $160. Rhodes provided police with the name of a male acquaintance he suspects stole the items.
- Jack Funderburk reported an unknown person stole an oil painting from his deceased parent's residence on First Avenue Southeast and damaged the doors and door knobs of a shop behind the residence between 6 p.m. Aug. 4 and 1:46 p.m. Sunday. Total damage to the shop was $200, but the value of the stolen painting was unknown at the time of report.
- Cindy Greco, of 11th Street Southwest, reported an unknown person cut two water hoses in her back yard then turned on the water, flooding the yard, between 10 p.m. Saturday and 8:30 a.m. Sunday. Damage to the hoses was $30, but damage to the yard was unknown at the time of report.
- Vanessa Watts reported an unknown person stole her Motorola cell phone while he son had it at Colquitt County High School on Park Avenue between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Friday. The value of the stolen cell phone was $240.
- Mary Gordon reported a group of unknown persons jumped her grandson, Marty Lawton, as he walked on Fifth Street Southwest between 11:49 p.m. Friday and 5:39 a.m. Saturday. The group of unknown persons punched and kicked Lawton, causing a small cut to his forehead.
- Kirbi Lynch Jr., of Seventh Avenue Southeast, reported an unknown person stole four pit bull puppies from his back yard Friday. The total value of the stolen puppies was estimated at $1,200.
- Frank Barton reported a male acquaintance and a female acquaintance threw a bottle at his Chevrolet Blazer, breaking the windshield, while it was parked at Wal-Mart on South Veterans Parkway between 10:57 p.m. Friday and 3:35 a.m. Saturday. After a brief chase, one of the acquaintances got out of their vehicle and kicked the side of Barton's Blazer, leaving a large dent. Total damage to the vehicle was estimated at around $1,500.
- Van Johnson, of Fourth Street Southwest, reported an unknown person stole a Sanyo 19-inch television from his residence Friday. The value of the stolen television was approximately $190.
- Lyn Barfield, of Dean Mathews Road, reported an unknown person stole two Pioneer box speakers from his Chevrolet El Camino between 11 p.m. Friday and 3 p.m. Saturday. The total value of the stolen speakers was $130.
- Talmadge Thomas, of Highway 37 East, reported an unknown person stole a weed eater from the back of his truck between 6 p.m. Friday and 1 p.m. Sunday. The value of the stolen weed eater was $145.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
MOULTRIE, GA.- Francisco Javier Guterrez, 60, of Moultrie, passed away Saturday, April 17, 2021 at Archbold Medical Center in Thomasville. Cobb Funeral Chapel has been entrusted with arrangements.
MOULTRIE -- Mrs. Alice Fuller, 87 was born May 14, 1933 in Lauren County, Georgia. She departed this life on Sunday, April 11, 2021 at Magnolia Manor Pruitt Health. Graveside Services will be held 2:30 PM, Friday, April 23, 2021 at Strong Memorial Garden. Public Viewing will be observed 2:00…
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. [mdash] Linda Hamilton, 79, of Jacksonville, Florida, passed away on Monday, April 19, 2021 at Community Hospice of Jacksonville. Arrangements have been entrusted to Baker Funeral Home.
MOULTRIE [mdash] Terry Eugene Kelley, Sr., 69, of Moultrie, passed away on Friday, April 16, 2021, at Colquitt Regional Medical Center. Arrangements have been entrusted to Baker Funeral Home.
- Witnesses tell police driver stripped off his clothes after crash
- Neighbor steps into domestic dispute, gets shot at
- Crime reports for April 19, 2021
- Wanted man almost slips away — three times
- Army leads Packers in team-building exercise
- Crime reports for April 16, 2021
- UPDATE: Woman identified in fatal Brooks wreck
- 5 Cairo men plead guilty in methamphetamine ring
- Driver returns stolen vehicle, is arrested anyway
- Female investigator continues family law enforcement tradition