MOULTRIE -- A Moultrie man was pulled over by a Moultrie Police officer Thursday afternoon for not wearing a seatbelt but was tazed by the officer for refusing to comply with the officer's commands.
Tony Lorenzo Wynn, 39, of 2186 Georgia Highway 37 West, was charged with resisting arrest, driving with a suspended license, failure to use a seat belt and five counts of issuing bad checks.
Police reports said the officer spotted Wynn driving a Dodge Omni on Fifth Street Southwest at 4:28 p.m., but he was not wearing his seat belt. The officer stopped him and found that Wynn's license had been suspended.
The officer had Wynn exit the vehicle, but reports said he refused to comply when the officer told him to put his hands behind his back. The officer then attempted to put his hands behind his back, but Wynn resisted.
The officer then gave several warnings to Wynn that he would use his Tazer if he did not comply, reports said. Wynn did not comply with the officer, so he was tazed and taken into custody.
Police reports said Wynn was taken to Colquitt County Jail and booked on the various charges. It was discovered during the arrest that Wynn had three warrants against him for issuing bad checks, and he was additionally booked on those charges.
During the traffic stop, reports said Wynn threw a copper pipe out of his vehicle which was recovered and taken as evidence. A search of Wynn also found a check that was not his, and it was also taken as evidence, police said.
- Jose Luis Aguilar, 20, of 140 Academy St. in Funston, was charged Wednesday with possession of marijuana less than one ounce, driving with a suspended license and probation violation.
- Barbara Gail Purvis, 46, of 222 Honey Bear Road in Norman Park, was charged Thursday with two counts of issuing bad checks.
- Ryan Matthew Pyles, 19, of 123 Smith St. in Berlin, was charged Thursday with interference with an emergency call and battery (family violence).
- David Earl Swearinger, 28, of 934 Roundtree Bridge Road in Ellenton, was charged Friday with obstruction and escape.
- Gail Shaw, of Hillcrest Avenue, reported an unknown person stole a toolbox with miscellaneous tools inside and a 50-foot electrical drop cord from her carport between 7:30 p.m. Wednesday and 3:30 p.m. Thursday. The total value of the stolen items was estimated at approximately $325.
- Felicia Castanon reported an unknown person stole a men's watch, 10 Spanish-language CD's, a rear view mirror, a set of light-up dice, a set of cloth dice and tore off the steering wheel cover from her Ford Thunderbird after it had been repossessed and taken to Bi-Lo Auto Sales on Georgia Highway 319 North Thursday. Damage to the vehicle and the total value of the stolen items was $215.
- Olga Carcia reported an unknown person stole a satellite dish while she was moving from a residence on Mark Orton Lane between 2 p.m. Tuesday and 10 a.m. Wednesday. The value of the stolen satellite dish was $200.
- Joey Tucker, of Highway 37 and Pineboro Road, reported an unknown person stole a liquid fertilizer pump with a Honda engine from his farm between Jan. 1 and 2 p.m. Thursday. The value of the stolen pump was $1,600.
This Week's Circulars
MOULTRIE -- Mrs. Alice Fuller, 87 was born May 14, 1933 in Lauren County, Georgia. She departed this life on Sunday, April 11, 2021 at Magnolia Manor Pruitt Health. Graveside Services will be held 2:30 PM, Friday, April 23, 2021 at Strong Memorial Garden. Public Viewing will be observed 2:00…
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. [mdash] Linda Hamilton, 79, of Jacksonville, Florida, passed away on Monday, April 19, 2021 at Community Hospice of Jacksonville. Arrangements have been entrusted to Baker Funeral Home.
MOULTRIE [mdash] Terry Eugene Kelley, Sr., 69, of Moultrie, passed away on Friday, April 16, 2021, at Colquitt Regional Medical Center. Arrangements have been entrusted to Baker Funeral Home.
MOULTRIE [mdash] Benita Fran Powell Tillman, 61, of Moultrie, passed away on Sunday, April 18, 2021, at Archbold Medical Center in Thomasville. Arrangements have been entrusted to Baker Funeral Home.
MOULTRIE [mdash] Jose A. Galarza-Fuentes, 72, of Moultrie, passed away on Sunday, April 18, 2021 at Colquitt Regional Medical Center. Arrangements have been entrusted to Baker Funeral Home.
- UPDATE: Woman identified in fatal Brooks wreck
- Driver returns stolen vehicle, is arrested anyway
- Wanted man almost slips away — three times
- Female investigator continues family law enforcement tradition
- Army leads Packers in team-building exercise
- Crime reports for April 16, 2021
- Crime reports for April 14, 2021
- Crime reports for April 19, 2021
- Rush Propst saga plagues storied Valdosta Wildcat football program
- Crime reports for April 15, 2021