MOULTRIE -- Authorities found the two remaining Colquitt County Jail escapees Friday morning in an abandoned mobile home.
Carl Edwards Jenkins and Brian Charles Fambro, both 25, were hiding in a small trailer at the rear of a trailer park off Hawthorne Drive, which is near Spence Field. The two had been on the run since Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning.
Together with Benny Parrish, 36, Fambro and Jenkins broke through a faulty cinder block wall with a floor drain, crawled through a maintenance shaft and scaled two fences with razor wire to escape from the jail. It happened between 6 p.m. Tuesday and 2 a.m. Wednesday, jail officials said.
* For the full story, see Saturday's Moultrie Observer or e-mail email@example.com to subscribe to our e-mail service.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
CROSLAND [mdash] James Howell Ragan, 61, of Crosland, died Sunday, June 20, 2021 at his home. Arrangements have been entrusted to Baker Funeral Home.
MOULTRIE [mdash] Elizabeth Ann Alderman Taylor, 80, of Moultrie, died Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at Colquitt Regional Medical Center. Arrangements have been entrusted to Baker Funeral Home.
Martha Holmes Brown, 80, of Moultrie, died Saturday, June 19, 2021 at her home. A Funeral Service will be held at 11:00 AM on Thursday, June 24, 2021 at Pineview Baptist Church. Mrs. Brown's grandsons will serve as pallbearers. Mrs. Brown was born on October 18, 1940, in Sylvester, Georgia, …
MOULTRIE [mdash] Brenice Ricks, 92, of Moultrie, died Monday, June 21, 2021 at her home. Arrangements have been entrusted to Baker Funeral Home.
- Valdosta man flees when drug deal goes bad
- Brooks child struggles after snake bite
- Moultrie toddler fighting brain tumor
- 'Extra' Talented: Valdosta, Tennessee residents act in 'Bandit'
- Man in restaurant dispute claims to be U.S. Marshal
- Crime reports for June 19, 2021
- Crime reports for June 17, 2021
- Ga. Forestry Commission: Burn permit laws to change July 1
- Crime reports for June 21, 2021
- Crime reports for June 16, 2021