MOULTRIE -- A Moultrie man was shot twice after he was robbed by three unknown persons late Sunday night.

Michael Lupo, 27, of Kingwood Gardens, was shot twice and taken to Colquitt Regional Medical Center. A hospital spokesperson said he was listed in fair condition as of Monday afternoon.

Police reports said an officer was called to Kingwood Gardens at 11:40 p.m. after shots were fired and someone called for help. When the officer arrived, residents were pointing the officer to a particular residence of Kingwood Gardens.

Police reports said the officer found Lupo, 27, sitting in a chair. He was bleeding from his mouth and he had a gunshot wound in his left shoulder blade and another under his left arm in the chest.

The officer asked Lupo what had happened, and reports said he was jumped by three unknown persons who hit him in the mouth and shot him.

The three assailants demanded money from Lupo, police reports said. He told them he only had $10, so he was shot and told to get on his bicycle and go to his residence to get more money.

Reports said Lupo was not able to pedal the bike fast enough, so he dropped it and began to run on foot. The three persons began chasing after Lupo and shot at him several times.

Lupo ran onto the porch of a residence, and reports said the three persons shot at him again. He then ran to another residence where he was located by the officer. Lupo was then taken to Colquitt Regional by Colquitt County Emergency Medical Service (EMS) personnel.

A second officer arrived at the scene and discovered that the incident began across South Veterans Parkway and continued into Kingwood Gardens, reports said. The second officer went to the area looking for evidence.

A witness told police he saw three black males running towards Colquitt County High School, but reports said a search of the area did not locate the men. Lupo described the attackers as three black men between 6-feet and 6-foot 3-inches tall, but no other information was given.

Police were unable to locate Lupo's Roadmaster bicycle, but reports said a Samsung cell phone was found and collected as evidence.

React to this story:


Recommended for you