MOULTRIE, Ga. — A Tuesday night dispute between roommates resulted in the arrest of a man and woman on battery charges.
Deputies responded at about 11:54 p.m. to the 3153 Cannon Road residence of Demeshia Laree Whitaker and Jeffery Allen Edmonds. They were dispatched at that time to a call of family violence.
Whitaker told police that she and Edmonds, her roommate, had been involved in an argument.
Whitaker, 27, and Edmonds, 31, were each charged with simple battery.
In other arrests
• Larry Timothy Weeks, 32, 301 Milk St., Norman Park, was charged Wednesday with driving under the influence and driving while license withdrawn.
• Roberto Carlos Mendoza-Ortega, 29, 170 E. Weeks St., Norman Park, was charged Wednesday with canceled registration and driving without license.
• Anthony Lorenzo Giddens, 35, 102 10th St. S.W., was charged Tuesday with theft by shoplifting.
• Jatavish Jerrod Lamar, 28, 615 Third St. S.E., was charged Wednesday with disorderly conduct.
• Michael Gunderson, 50 block Cotton Pointe Circle, Tifton, reported Tuesday a burglary at the residence of Tyler Merritt in the 3300 block of Tillman Road, Moultrie.
Gunderson told police that electronics valued at $1,500.
• David Lawson, 1300 block J.R. Suber Road, reported Wednesday the theft of property valued at $200.
• Rosetta Drew, 800 block Eighth Avenue Northwest, reported Wednesday the theft of property valued at $3,000 in the 100 block of Tompkins Road.
• Charles Bonner, 43, Moultrie, reported Wednesday the theft of a tag valued at $50 from a 1999 GMC Sierra parked in the 500 block of Georgia Highway 133 South.
• Timira Washington, 1100 block Sixth Avenue Northwest, reported Wednesday the theft a tag valued at $20 from a 2001 Dodge Neon.
Washington told police that a neighbor saw a man with the same type of car drive up to her yard.
• Carl Wood, 2400 block South Main Street, reported Wednesday that unauthorized charges totaling $8,000 to $10,000 had been made on his credit card.