The Colquitt County Schools Open House schedule for the 2011-2012 school year has been set.
Assistant Superintendent of Schools Mo Yearta remarked, “A tradition in the school system is to open the schools to parents and students before the start of the school year. The Open House event permits students and parents to meet teachers, learn class schedules, become familiar with school buildings, and to learn the expectations for student achievement.”
Students will return to school on Monday, Aug. 8, with Open House for schools as follows:
• Pre-K: Thursday, Aug. 25, 5 p.m.-7 p.m. (Pre-K classes begin Monday, Aug. 29.)
• K-5th Grade: Friday, Aug. 5, 4 p.m.-6 p.m.
• 6-7th Grades: Williams Middle School, Thursday, Aug. 4, 4 p.m.-6 p.m.
• 8- 9th Grades: Gray Junior High, Friday, Aug. 5, noon-6 p.m.
• 10-12th Grades: Colquitt County High School, Thursday, Aug. 4, 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
Parents are encouraged to attend Open House to meet their child(ren)’s teachers. Transportation officials will be on hand at all schools to assist with bus routes, as well as school nutrition employees to help coordinate meal payment arrangements.
While students are not required to buy school supplies many parents want to purchase some items. If parents choose to purchase, the recommended items include:
• Pencils and/or simple ball point pens (black ink).
• Pencil/pen pouch.
• Notebook paper.
• Pocket folders.
• Some type of 3-ring binder (grades 3-12).
If a student disregards reasonable care and use of school supplies provided by the school system, the parent of the student will be notified and all school supplies for the remainder of the school year shall be the responsibility of the parent.
Refer to http://www.colquitt.k12.ga.us for a current calendar of events.