A Moultrie woman reported her truck was carjacked as she tried to help a person Tuesday night. The truck was recovered a short time after the incident was reported.
A Colquitt County sheriff’s deputy was called to Hopewell Church Road at 10:52 p.m. Tuesday about the theft of a truck. The deputy spoke with Mickey Engle, who stated she had just dropped a friend off at her house on Highway 33 South and was heading home in a Ford F-150 truck on Hopewell Church Road.
While driving on Hopewell Church Road, Engle stated she saw a Hispanic male bent over in the middle of the roadway. She stopped to see if he needed help, but the man pointed a gun at her and told her to get out of the truck. She got out, and the Hispanic male got in and drove the truck away from the scene.
As the deputy was responding to the scene to speak with Engle, the F-150 was spotted following a wreck at the Hopewell Church Road and Dean Matthews Road intersection. The truck had hit an electric fence and the toolbox lid had been torn off.
Following a search of the truck, it was returned to Engle.
• Alexis Violante Lopes, 19, of 1515 Fourth Ave. N.E., Apt. L-7, was charged Tuesday with battery (family violence) and two counts of cruelty to children (third degree).
• A juvenile boy was charged Tuesday with battery.
• Robert Andrew Phelps, 45, of 132 Jones Lane, was charged Monday with child molestation and 12 counts of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. He allegedly molested a teenage girl.
• Kenron Allen Elkins, 34, of 281 Doc Lindsay Road in Norman Park, was charged Monday with making terroristic threats and acts.
• Tony Fencher, 42, of 110-D Jenkins Road in Americus, was charged Tuesday with making harassing phone calls.
Georgia State Patrol
• Daniel Burton Warnell, 25, of 1461 Old Doerun Road, was charged Tuesday with DUI and driving without a license.
• Manuel Hernandez Zavala, 80, of 266 Weaver Road, was charged Tuesday with driving with a suspended license and failure to maintain lane.
• Tequila Peterson, of Kingwood Gardens Drive, reported a thief stole a Sony PSP and five PSP games between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. Tuesday. The value of the stolen items was $300.
• Keisha Nowell, of Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, reported a thief stole a silver necklace with a charm between 4 p.m. Saturday and 6 p.m. Tuesday. The value of the stolen items was $200.
• Keria Ellis, of Sylvester Drive, reported a thief took her debit card, stole $200 cash from her account and returned the card between 4 a.m. and 9 a.m. Tuesday. Ellis gave sheriff’s deputies the name of a male suspect.