An accused shoplifter who could have either an expensive hygiene habit or a market for stolen toiletries is being sought by police for shoplifting a second bag of soap in as many months.
An employee at Dollar General, 1908 First Ave. S.E., told police that she recognized the man because he was arrested after an earlier soap heist. On Friday, the man reportedly pulled a plastic garbage bag out of his back pocket and filled it with soap.
The employee told police that the same man was arrested on June 3 for doing the same thing. She estimated the value of the stolen soap at $20.
Arrest warrants will be taken for the theft reported on Friday, Moultrie Police Department reports said.
In other thefts:
• Shane Roberts, 37, Moultrie, reported Saturday the theft of his son’s cell telephone which had been left in a locker at Colquitt County High, 1800 Park Ave.
• Ivory Ward, 400 block First Avenue Northwest, reported Saturday the theft of $200 from his wallet while he was sleeping.
• Miguel Orozzo, 1600 block Old Camilla Highway, reported Saturday the theft of a 20-foot homemade trailer valued at $7,500.
• Eric Beck, 28, Enigma, reported Saturday the theft of a wallet containing $70, driver’s license and Social Security card.
He told police the theft occurred in the 1700 block of Sunrise Avenue.
• Lavern Parrish, 400 block Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, reported Saturday the theft of property valued at $180.
• Todd Matthew, 2100 block Vinson Road, reported Saturday the theft of a Dremel Multi-Max tool, a Rigid miter saw, 100-pack of router bits and assorted electric wire with a total value of $1,580.
• Bryan Bourrie, 200 block Dixie Drive, reported Friday the theft of firearms valued at $500 out of a 2012 Ford F-150 XLT.
• Kenny Flowers, 1800 block Third Street Southwest, reported Friday the theft of property valued at $706 out of a 1995 Ford LGT.
• Alvarez Trillo, 1700 block Eastview Lane, reported Friday the theft of property, including compact discs, phone charger adapter and vehicle registration, valued at $121 from a 2011 Ford Explorer.
• Dean Kent, 100 block Holly Trail, reported Monday the theft of property valued at $303 from a Toyota Camry.
The stolen property include a black and orange amplifier, cigarette lighter, Streamlight flashlight and Costa Del Mar prescription sunglasses.
• Erica Nicole Daniels, 40, 324 Second Ave. N.W. Apt. B.
• Melissa Denise Odelius, 26, 1808 Fifth Ave. S.E.
• Kristy Reba Brady, 36, 2036 Beverly St., Ochlocknee.
• Terry Grant, d1600 block Old Doerun Road, reported Sunday that a 1999 Ford F-150 was damaged.
The truck had deep scratch marks on both sides and the tail gate, and the radio antenna had been bent and twisted, sheriff’s reports said.
• Pheadra Walker, 100 block Cheyenne Way, reported Saturday that a 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis was damaged.
• Brian Summers, 500 block First Street Northwest, reported Friday finding his room ransacked when he returned home.
Summers told police that nothing appeared to be missing.
Summers’ clothes were strewn about the room and dresser drawers had been searched through, police said.
• Heath Mock, 200 block Pine Meadows Subdivision, reported Saturday that a male acquaintance threw rocks at his 2010 Dodge Ram pickup truck, causing several chips in the paint, during an incident ion the 400 block of Dunn Road.
• Joni Fallin, 100 block William Way, reported Sunday that a female acquaintance bent her thumb back during an incident in the 200 block of Veterans Parkway North.