MOULTRIE, Ga. — A Moultrie woman appeared fortunate on Thursday when employees at a Moultrie business found her wallet, but she then discovered that it was lighter by $300.
Tilisha Dennis, 26, was shopping at the store in the 600 block of Veterans Parkway South when she realized upon reaching the register that her wallet was missing, she reported to Moultrie police.
When she retraced her steps she saw two employees, one male and one female, and heard one of them say, “I won’t tell if you won’t tell.” Dennis told police that when she asked about her wallet they told her that they had found it in another area of the store.
Dennis returned to the cash register where, when trying to make her purchase, she discovered that the $300 was missing.
In other thefts
• Yolanda Williams, 33, Moultrie, reported Thursday the theft of a 2006 Chevrolet Impala LS parked outside a store in the 400 block of First Street Northwest.
Police later found a car thought to be Williams’ wrecked behind a cemetery on 11th Street Southwest.
When officers arrived Moultrie Fire Department personnel were extinguishing the burning car, which was unoccupied.
• Sherry Barber, 1300 block First Avenue Northwest, reported Thursday the theft of jewelry valued at $1,720.
• Sallie Robinson, 700 block 10th Avenue Northwest, reported Wednesday the theft of a Boost Mobile smart phone of unknown value.
• Randy Benton, 1000 block U.S. Highway 319 North, reported Thursday the theft of a battery charger valued at $330 from underneath his carport.
• Bridge’s Auto, 639 Woodman Road, reported Thursday the theft of change totaling about $4 from the company office.
• Tammy Stephens, 800 block Woodman Road, reported Thursday the theft of property valued at $820 from a work truck.
• Cesar Magana, 23, 119 Yates Lane, was charged Thursday with driving without license.
• Boogrady Bernard Spence, 23, 416 31st Ave. S.E. Apt. B, was charged Thursday with driving without license.
• Emanij Daijah Tomblin, 19, 342 J.D. Herndon Road, was charged Tuesday with battery.
• Carl Davis Edmunds, 26, 1118 Joe Louis Ave., was charged Thursday with disorderly conduct.
Police arrested Edmunds after investigating a report of someone kicking and punching the door of an apartment in the 400 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Drive.
• Jim Brooks III, 38, 178 N. Ellis St., Camilla, was charged Wednesday with driving while license withdrawn and tail lights required.
Norman Park Police
• Timothy DeLoache, 48, 2309 S. Main St., was charged Tuesday with driving under the influence, failure to drive within single lane and fleeing or attempting to elude police officer.
• Timothy Dewayne Hayes, 46, 190 Dennis Powell Lane, Norman Park.
• Chasity Latrice Merritt, 31, 812 Doc Darbyshire Road Lot 2.
• Jessica Bernice Young, 34, 413 Third St. N.W.