MOULTRIE -- Henry Lee Godfrey III, 24, 1330 Ga. Highway 319 N., pleaded guilty recently to felony aggravated assault and was sentenced to 15 years probation and four years in the Colquitt County Correctional Institution.
In addition, Godfrey is to serve 120 hours community service, abide by a curfew, make restitution to the victim, reimburse attorney fees to county, have no contact with victim and agree to testify against his co-defendants.
Godfrey's co-defendants Curtis Lee Coasey Jr., 24, 902 First Ave. N.W.; Shamona D. McBride, 18, same address; and Monica R. Yates, 719 First St. S.E., each face counts of armed robbery and aggravated assault. Coasey has an additional charge of obstruction of a law enforcement officer.
On March 4, the four defendants allegedly beat and robbed Willie Carpenter in the 200 Block of Fourth Street Northwest armed with a baseball bat, a pipe and bricks. Carpenter required surgery after the attack. They also are accused of taking a Sony CD player and $60 in cash from the victim, reports said.
The following defendants also have pleaded guilty recently to criminal charges in Colquitt County Superior Court.
- Daniel D. Lewis, Haven Hills, cocaine possession, sentenced to 10 years probation, $2,000 fine, 120 hours community service, curfew, detention center 300 to 365 days.
- Miguel Contreras, 17, 1866 10th St. S.E., marijuana possession with intent to distribute, sentenced to three years probation, $2,000 fine, 160 hours community service, curfew and surrender driver's license.
- Fernando Contreras, 18, 1709 Park Ave. S.E., misdemeanor marijuana possession, sentenced to one year probation, $1,000 fine, 40 hours community service, curfew and surrender driver's license.
- Rikizo A. Davis, 24, 1302 First Ave. N.W., first offender misdemeanor possession of marijuana, sentenced to one year probation, $750 fine, 40 hours community service.
- James Daniel Clayton, 1311 Seventh St. S.W., possession of cocaine and misdemeanor marijuana possession, sentenced to 12 years probation, $2,00 fine, 80 hours community service, 300 to 365 days detention center suspended as long as defendant has no positive drug screen and remains current on all payments, surrender driver's license.
- Christopher Bridges, 29, 188 Hopewell Church Road, three counts first degree forgery, sentenced to a split term of two years prison and seven years probation for each count to run concurrently.
- Annie Louise Harris, 213 Third Ave. N.W., theft by receiving stolen property, sentenced to 10 years probation, $2,000 fine, 120 hours community service, restitution to Delores Seay, curfew, no contact with victim, reimburse attorney fees to county and time in diversion center until fine and restitution are paid. Harris' co-defendant, Averett O. Thomas, same address, also pleaded guilty but will be sentenced Sept. 27, court records said.
- Brad Bernard Yates, 610 12th St. N.W., cocaine possession, sentenced to four years prison and six years probation, $2,000 fine, 120 hours community service, curfew and surrender driver's license.
- Larry Wayne Poole, 34, 338-A Tommy Meredith Road, burglary, sentenced to five years in prison and five years probation.
- Robert Charles Calhoun, 36, 816 Third Ave. N.W., possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, sentenced to five years prison and five years probation, $2,000 fine, 120 hours community service, curfew and reimburse county for attorney fees.
- Demory L. Herrin, no information, methamphetamine possession, sentenced to eight years prison and five years intensive probation, $2,000 fine, curfew, 60 days in diversion center suspended pending payment and agree to testify against co-defendant Amy J. Strickland, 29, Blackshear. Strickland faces one count methamphetamine possession, crossing guard lines with a controlled substance and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, allegedly occurring Feb. 26.
- Darrien D. Lee, 22, 325 Old Pepper Ave., first degree forgery, sentenced to six years probation, $1,000 fine, 120 hours community service, restitution to GoGo Food Mart and ABC Bank, curfew, obtain high school general equivalency degree, no contact with victim and John Craft.
- Steven Shane Gaines, 25, 346 Oak Lane, Funston, attempt to obtain controlled substance by altering prescription, sentenced to four years intensive probation, two years Colquitt County Correctional Institution, $1,000 fine, curfew and no contact with victim.
This Week's Circulars
MOULTRIE - Mr. David Ford, 60, was born April 14, 1961, in Colquitt County, Georgia. He departed this life on Sunday, August 1, 2021, at Colquitt Regional Medical Center. Graveside services will be held 11:00 AM, Saturday, August 7, 2021, at Strong Memorial Gardens in Moultrie, Georgia. Publ…
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Susan Grindle, 65, of Jacksonville, Florida, passed away Wednesday, July 28, 2021, at St. Vincents Riverside. Arrangements have been entrusted to Baker Funeral Home.
- Crime reports for July 30, 2021
- Hospital chief warns COVID will get worse, urges vaccinations
- Suspect charged after standoff in Doerun
- Business owner, brother face drug charges
- Crime reports for Aug. 3, 2021
- Plan to replace Hwy. 37 bridge moves forward
- Local community steps up to help Shiver come home
- Crime reports for July 29, 2021
- Crime reports for Aug. 2, 2021
- Crime reports for Aug. 4, 2021