MOULTRIE -- The Colquitt County High ninth-grade basketball team will take a 4-0 record into the Christmas holiday break after defeating Lowndes 40-35 on Monday.
The Packers were led by Ronald Wilson, who had 12 points.
Kamarri Peterson added 11 and Reggie Nelson had six.
James Trimble and Antwon Tuff each had four, Amar Parikh had two and Tracy Brown a free throw.
The freshman Packers now have defeated Bainbridge, Valdosta, Thomas County Central and Lowndes to open the season.
"They've started to pick up the defensive intensity," ninth-grade coach James Stancil III said. "They're starting to know what to do.
"Once it gets to be second nature to them, they'll be all right."
The ninth-graders' next game will be at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 8, at Thomas County Central.
They will be home next on Friday, Jan. 10, to meet Valdosta at the Espy Gymnasium.
This Week's Circulars
MOULTRIE, GA.- Glenn Lamar Cook, 59, passed away on Sunday, June 20, 2021 at his home. Cobb Funeral Chapel has been entrusted with arrangements. Please sign the online guestbook at www.cobbfuneralchapel.com.
SYLVESTER, Ga. - Raul Camargo, Jr., 67, of Sylvester, passed away on Friday, June 18, 2021, at his residence. Cobb Funeral Chapel has been entrusted with arrangements. Please sign the online guestbook at www.cobbfuneralchapel.com.
- Moultrie toddler fighting brain tumor
- Colquitt County Education Foundation hires director, mentor coordinator
- 'Extra' Talented: Valdosta, Tennessee residents act in 'Bandit'
- Man in restaurant dispute claims to be U.S. Marshal
- Deputy working to renew mentorship program after pandemic-induced break
- Crime reports for June 19, 2021
- Crime reports for June 17, 2021
- Crime reports for June 15, 2021
- Crime reports for June 16, 2021
- Ga. Forestry Commission: Burn permit laws to change July 1