Seven Colquitt County residents and a business employee reported they were recent victims of property theft. Items reported stolen included electronics, herbicide, vehicle batteries, guns, a truck and a trailer with work supplies on it.
The value of the items reported stolen was about $27,581. Those who reported being the victims of property theft were:
• An employee at Buddy’s Home Furniture on First Street Northwest reported Monday a known female customer rented a computer March 24 but never made a payment and pawned it near Fort Stewart. The value of the stolen computer was $659.
• Tim Smith reported a thief stole a Vizio 42-inch television, a Phillips 52-inch television and a 36-inch television from a house he was watching on Nandina Drive between July 10 and 8:50 p.m. Monday. The value of the stolen televisions was $3,000.
• Robert Blackwell, of Rowland Drive, reported a thief stole a Glock 9mm pistol with its holster and a mounted stream light between 10 p.m. Monday and 4:43 a.m. Tuesday. The value of the stolen items was about $765. Blackwell gave officers the name of a male suspect.
• Varshikka Collier, of Sylvester Highway, reported a thief stole a Samsung cell phone from her coffee table between 6 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday. The value of the stolen cell phone was $200.
• Jason Gibson reported a thief stole a trailer, with tools and shutters on it, from a work site on L.B. Nevels Road Monday. The value of the stolen items was $9,000. Gibson gave sheriff’s deputies the name of a male suspect.
• Lamar Corbin, of Bob Taylor Road, reported a thief stole a Chevrolet 3500 truck with a Thermo King refrigerator between 8 a.m. Friday and 11:30 a.m. Monday. The value of the stolen items was $7,500.
• Stacy Thaggard reported a thief stole a DPS .223-caliber rifle, a Savage .17-caliber rifle, a Mossberg 12-gauge shotgun and 17 batteries from a Ford F-150 truck, a Western Star truck, two International trucks, a Gator, two boats and a Caterpillar loader from a farm on Funston-Doerun Road in Doerun between 6 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. Monday. The value of the stolen items was $4,000.
• David Houston, of County Farm Road, reported a thief forced open a storage building and stole six 2.5-gallon containers of Element herbicide, nine quarts of Journey herbicide, three boxes of Outrider herbicide and 15 gallons of Surfactant herbicide between 5:30 p.m. Thursday and 5:30 a.m. Monday. The value of the stolen herbicides was $2,457.