MOULTRIE — Thieves made off with property valued at nearly $1,900 in seven incidents of entering automobiles in recent days, with cash and a pistol among the stolen property.
Reporting thefts to Moultrie police were:
• Lynn Marie Hamm, first block Hummingbird Road, reported Monday that a purse and contents with a total value of $232 were stolen out of an unlocked 2009 Honda CR-V.
• Katherine Moncrief, 2000 block Fourth Street Southeast, reported Monday the theft of a Diamondback semiautomatic pistol valued at $300 from her husband’s unlocked car.
Clay Moncrief noticed a small green flashlight in the driver’s seat when he got inside the car, police said.
• Whitney Roberts, 25, reported Monday the theft of $830 from her car when she stopped to use the restroom in the 500 block of South Main Street.
• Carmen Moore, 49, Moultrie, reported Tuesday the theft of property valued at $28 from a 1999 Ford Escort parked in the 1800 block of South Main Street.
• Joey Bennett, Moultrie, reported Tuesday the theft of property valued at $25 from a car parked in the 1800 block of Third Street Southeast.
• Lydia Baldree, 61, Norman Park, reported Monday the theft of property valued at $178 from a 2011 Ford Escaped parked at Colquitt County High, 1800 Park Ave.
• Shelby Porter, 100 block Jack Saturday Road, reported Monday the theft of a gold Coach purse and contents with a total value of $254 out of a 2004 GMC Envoy parked at the high school.
• Elisa James, 700 block Sixth Street Northwest, reported Monday the theft of a Samsung Galaxy S4 that she believed was in the possession of a female acquaintance.James and a witness told police that they saw the woman with a phone that had a similar crack across the screen and screen protector, as did James’ phone. They said that when the women learned police had been called she walked between some residences and when she returned had only an LG phone in her hand.Police searched the area but did not find the stolen phone.
• Waffle House, 10900 First Ave. S.E., reported Monday that a customer left without paying for a meal valued at $10.
• Keyan Dyous, 700 block 12th Avenue Southeast, reported Tuesday the theft of a cellular telephone valued at $900.
• Buddy’s Home Furnishing, 3 First St. N.W., reported Tuesday that a customer pawned a Dell laptop computer valued at $649 and a Sony PlayStation valued at $1,050 on which money was still owed.
• Tamara Moore, 700 block 26th Avenue Southeast, reported Tuesday the theft of a 10-speed bicycle valued at $30.
• Colquitt County Tax Commission 101 E. Central Ave., reported that a man used a counterfeit $50 when he paid a $290 tax bill.
An employee later reported that she contacted the man about the phony $50 and he returned to pay the remaining balance.
• Demetria Ponder, 500 block 27th Street Southeast, reported Tuesday that someone made charges of $40 on her Dollar Tree credit card at a Target Store in Virginia.
• Nora Adriana Lopez Carlos, 26, 118 31st Ave. N.E., was charged Tuesday with open container in vehicle, failure to drive within single lane, reckless driving, driving under the influence and speeding.
• Martin Cortez Hernandez, 26, 774 Tift County Line Road, Omega, was charged Tuesday with driving without license and failure to stop for stop sign.
• Yury Rodriguez-Saurez, 50, Moultrie, reported Monday that a 2006 Chrysler 300 was struck by another car while parked in the 500 block of First Street Southwest.
• Virginia White, 89, Moultrie, reported Tuesday that someone backed into her 2008 Nissan Altima while it was parked in the 1200 block of First Avenue Southeast.
• Shamika Hightower, 500 block 27th Street Southeast, reported Tuesday that her 2015 Chrysler 200 damaged overnight.
Hightower told police that someone backed into the rear passenger side door.
• Wilma Williams, 1200 block Doc Darbyshire Road, reported Tuesday that a male relative threw and end table with glass vase on top, breaking both, after she refused to let him drive her car.
• Cassie Gilemmo, 400 block Gene McQueen Road, reported Tuesday that someone scratched at 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe parked at the high school.
• Gregory McClendon, 1000 block 14th Street Southeast, reported Tuesday that he was bitten by a dog on Sylvester Drive.