MOULTRIE — A break-in of a Moultrie woman’s residence netted the thief a television, cell phone and computer, among more than $3,000 in property thefts reported to police on Tuesday.
Lacrisia Ridley, of the 300 block of First Street Northwest, told police that a 60-inch flat screen television and cell phone with a total value of $503 were taken from her residence in a Tuesday burglary.
She later called to report that an Acer notebook computer also had been stolen.
In a separate burglary, Moultrie Technical College, 800 Veterans Parkway N., reported Tuesday the theft of cash and property valued at $42 from the student center snack area.
In other thefts:
• Tamika Toomer, 600 block Second Avenue Northeast, reported Tuesday that a male acquaintance took a television set valued at $100.Toomer also told police that the man had threatened her.
• Sunyea Edwards, 300 block Second Avenue Northeast, reported Tuesday the theft of a Michael Khors purse and wallet containing identification and other cards. The total value of the stolen property was $280.
• The Trading Post, 420 First Ave. S.E., reported March 5 the theft of property valued at $2,450.
• Harold Michael Miller, 46, 37 Duane Drive, Tifton, was charged Tuesday with driving under the influence and no helmet.
• Javier Jaurez, 24, 284 Newsome Road, was charged March 5 with contempt/interference with police.
• Antonio L. Stewart, 32, 5090 County Line Road, Pavo, was charged March 5 with burglary on a Brooks County warrant and theft by taking on a Thomas County warrant.
• Cassandra Bernice Crimley, 21, 3811 New Hope Road, Pelham, was charged March 5 with speeding (26 miles over speed limit), reckless driving and violation of license class restriction.
• Leroy Valdez, 35, 802-A Third St. N.W., was charged March 5 with driving with suspended license, expired tag, probation violation and child-restraint violation.
• Elroy Quintero Jr., 30, 124 Main St., was charged Tuesday with theft by taking.
• Larry Joe Fannin, 36, 192 Lake Springs Road was charged Tuesday with parole violation.
• Wytarium Shakeri Brown, 26, 725 W. Pinson St., Apt. C, Sylvester.
• Lasaundra K. Debruce, 40, 521 Ninth St. S.W.
• Joseph Tyler Bengston, 24, 1264 Bay Rockyford Road.
• Kevon Allen Elkins, 38, 281 Doc Lindsay Road, Norman Park.
• Julia Emerick, 200 block West Boulevard, reported March 5 that a man attacked her son outside her residence. Emerick told police that she heard a car drive up rapidly and stop and when she went outside saw the man punching Joshua Lee Bennett, 26.
Bennett reported that he was outside when the man drove up and tackled him and started trying to hit him. He said that the man ran over his lower leg as he drove away.
• Ilisha Harris, 25, Moultrie, reported that a male acquaintance hit her several times, including hitting her with a board-like object, during an incident March 5 in the 200 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Drive.
• Barbara Lane, 1600 block Crosby Road, reported Tuesday that her bank notified her of suspicious transactions at a store in Pensacola, Fla.
Lane told police that four unauthorized charges totaling $267 were made on her bank account.
• Payne’s Auto Mart, 1524 First Ave. S.E., reported March 5 that a check for $5,000 given as a down payment on a car was written on a closed account.