MOULTRIE, Ga. — Three Colquitt County High School students were arrested on Wednesday after deputies broke up a fight in the campus courtyard.
Deputies dispatched to that location at 11 a.m. saw Sevarian Daijun Edwards fighting with Ahygie Shamon Bailey, police said. While they were engaged Thomayus Tilheem Tyler entered the fray and tried to hit Edwards.
As deputies were breaking up the fight, police said, Bailey took a swing that hit one of the deputies in the jaw. When Bailey was told he had hit her he apologized and gave her a hug.
Edwards, 18, 4574 U.S. Hwy. 319 N. Norman Park; Bailey, 17, 410 Railroad St., Berlin; and Tyler, 17, 242 Selina Road, were each charged with fighting in public place.
Bailey also was charged with simple battery on a police officer.
In other arrests
• Mario Dwight Haynes, 28, 418 First Ave. N.W., was charged Thursday with battery and probation violation.
• Meagan Luewella Pearson, 32, 1106 16th St., was charged Wednesday with possession of methamphetamine, cruelty to children and reckless conduct.
• David Dewayne Ogletree, 35, 492 Lawrence Road, Pavo.
• Adrian Lamar Brinson, 3619 Mayfair Lane, Albany.
• Omar Reed, 45, 212 Seventh Ave. N.W.
• James Ray Hall, 46, 1400 Fourth Ave. N.E.
• Luis Hernandez, 23, Tifton, reported Thursday that after he lost his wallet in Moultrie his debit card was used to make purchases of $77 at Piggly Wiggly, $386 at Game Stop and $131 at Wal-Mart.
• Matthew Van Eure, 1700 block Villa Drive S.W., reported Tuesday the theft of a lawn mower valued at $11,400.
• Douglas Chitty, 1600 block Old Berlin Road, reported Thursday the theft of a Samsung smart phone valued at $100.
• Clarence Arnold Jr., 54, reported Thursday that someone scratched the paint on a 2018 Toyota Corolla parked in the 3100 block of South Main Street.
• Nancy Widner, 100 block Rufus Murphy Road, reported that someone tried to pry open her carport door, causing an estimated $200 in damage.