MOULTRIE, Ga. — A Moultrie woman was the victim of violence over two consecutive weekend days, but apparently suffering only minor injuries.
At about 11 p.m. Saturday, police were called to the 300 block of First Avenue Northwest about a screaming woman with a bleeding arm.
There they found Angela Lorette Twiggs, 36, who lives on that block, and provided medical aid until emergency medical service technicians arrived.
Twiggs told police that she had argued with her boyfriend and was injured inside her residence.
“She had a deep cut to her left arm,” Moultrie Police Department Maj. Tonero Bender said. “An investigator went to the apartment -- there’s blood at the scene. During the altercation she was pushed into a window at the apartment and the glass in the window cut her arm.”
Twiggs refused to be taken to the hospital, police said.
At about 1 p.m. Sunday police returned to Twiggs’ residence, where she reported that a Norman Park woman came to her residence and started an argument that resulted in the women fighting in her front yard.
Ward had dirt and grass on her back and hair, police said. She told them she was going to take a bath and then go to the hospital.
Ward was treated at the Colquitt Regional Medical Center emergency room and released, a hospital spokeswoman said.
In other violence
• Veronica Perez, 200 block North Pine Drive, reported Saturday that a male acquaintance hit her and made threats toward her.
She told police the man also kicked her leg and hit her in the side and back with his fist before pulling a knife and threatening her.
Perez had no visible injuries consistent with the attack she described, police said.
• Romelia Cozarez, 800 block Ellis Mae Road, reported that a male acquaintance hit her in the shin.
Cozarez refused medical treatment, police said.
• Brandi Curles, 900 block John Buck McCoy Road, reported Friday that a female acquaintance “poked” her multiple times in the forehead while Curles was holding her toddler son.
When Curles handed her son to another person, she told police, the other woman grabbed her by the hair and a fight ensued.
Curles had a minor cut on her forehead, police said. She did not wish to press charges.
• Juan Tapia, 27, 255 Church St., Baconton, was charged Saturday with driving without license.
• Thomas McCloud, 57, 909 Fourth St. N.W., was charged Saturday with simple battery and obstructing or hindering person making 911 call.
• Mario Sales Lopez, 38, 1254 Myron Hart Road, Coolidge, was charged Saturday with driving without license.
• Earl Alexander Robertson, 38, 112 E. Union Drive, Doerun, was charged Saturday with driving under the influence, driving without license and failure to drive within single lane.
• Ernest Rawls, 67, 403 W. Lawson St., Hahira, was charged Friday with driving under the influence and driving while license withdrawn.
• Sergio A. Pacheco-Mejia, 48, was charged Saturday with driving without license and speeding in highway work zone.
• Miranda Mensia Lord, 28, 832 Shy Manor Drive, was charged Sunday with driving under the influence and failure to drive within single lane.
• Jessica Marie Ingram, 29, 1151 Benjamin Drive, was charged Saturday with disorderly conduct.
• Denel Lashonda Davis, 26, 533 27th St. S.E., was charged Saturday with disorderly conduct.
• Keith Bernard Stafford, 30, 1017 11th St. S.E., was charged Saturday with giving false name or false information to a police officer.
• Myquesha Breonna Spradley, 17, 714 Ninth Ave. S.E., was charged Saturday with disorderly conduct.
Georgia State Patrol
• Jarquan Marquce Burks, 19, 811 Copeland Ave. S.W., Cairo, was charged Friday with possession of marijuana and speeding
• Ernest Antonio Bell Jr., 38, 312 Third St. S.W.
• Patricia Jane Brown, 45, 932 Roundtree Bridge Road.
• Sean Eric Casteel, 32, 131 Tuck Lane.
• Christina Kosik, 100 block 29th Avenue Northwest, reported Sunday the theft of a Ford Mustang key and her wallet from an unlocked Honda Civic.
Kosik told police that she found the wallet in the front yard with her cash gone.
• Angela Henry, 30 block Cherokee Road, reported Saturday theft of property valued at $2,807 from a 2014 GMC Sierra and 2009 BMW 528i.
The stolen property included two suitcases containing clothing, a computer with mouse and chargers and fish stringer, taken from the truck, and her daughter’s wallet from the BMW.
• Vance Young 200 block Indian Lake Drive, Norman Park, reported Saturday the theft of a girl’s Mongoose bicycle, a gas can and the tag from his mother’s truck with a total value of $160.
• Christopher Kastelic, 200 block Yogi Bear Road, Norman Park, reported Sunday the theft of an upright freezer and queen bed with a total value of $2,400.
• Teresa Yon, 100 block Ashley Street, reported Sunday that a female companion broke the screens of her LG cell phone and an HP laptop computer.
She estimated the value of the damaged property at $1,150.
• Daniel Perry, 1600 block Perry Road, reported Friday the theft of a chain saw valued at $270.
• Donna Lynn Bradow, 800 block U.S. Highway 319 South, reported Thursday the theft of a Microsoft Xbox 1 with controller valued at $464.
• Hector Valdez, 2700 block Sixth Street Southeast, reported Friday the theft of several off-road vehicles including a green Kawasaki Bayou 250, yellow Polaris Sportsman 90, and a red Honda 110 three-wheeler.
Valdez told police that the vehicles all had fuel system issues and dead batteries. He estimated their value at a total of $2,200.
• Shaneika Farrell, 800 block Seventh Avenue Northwest, reported Friday that a male acquaintance took her Verizon cell phone valued at $100.
Farrell told police that she and the man had argued and that he notified her he had the phone as he was exiting through the back door of the residence.
• Sherry Stewart, 60, Moultrie, reported Friday the theft of a wallet she misplaced at a business in the 100 block of Talmadge Drive.
Stewart estimated the value of the wallet and contents at $296.
• Nebel Martinez, 400 block Ninth Avenue Southeast, reported Friday the theft of a tag valued at $20 from a 2008 Honda Civic.
• Austin Hamilton, 100 block George Flowers Road, Norman Park, reported Friday a burglary in the 100 block of Las Vegas Lane.
Hamilton told police that two women entered agricultural workers’ rooms, taking 4,000 Mexican pesos and cell phones, with the total value of the property estimated at $249.
• Sheree Parrish, 500 block Ninth Street Southwest, reported Sunday the theft of property valued at $2.
• Brandon Watson, 1400 block Overlook Drive, reported Sunday that someone pried open the gas door of his 2014 Kia Forte and stuck a rag inside the gas tank opening.
• Julisa Williams, 22, Moultrie, reported Sunday that a driver struck her 1998 Buick Century, causing additional damage when it was pushed into a 2002 Dodge Neon.
• Misty Lawson, 200 block Third Street Southwest, reported Saturday that a male acquaintance, who was fighting with another man, damaged the windshield of her 2011 Nissan Sentra.
Lawson told police that acquaintance at one point had the other man pressed on top of the car, causing the damage.
Police searched for the man identified, but he ran from his residence, according to a neighbor. Lawson estimated the damage at less than $500.
About an hour after making the report Lawson reported threatening phone calls from the man, who was upset because she called the police.
• Karen Pinero, 20 block Pine Valley Circle, reported Saturday that someone spray painted a 2009 Honda Element.
Pinero told police that it appeared someone threw eggs at the car and sprayed red paint over much of the car, including the passenger window and front windshield.
• Travis Wilson , 800 block Shy Manor Drive, reported Friday that some of his clothes were damaged with bleach.