A Colquitt County woman reported that a male acquaintance grabbed her by the neck and ripped a necklace from her neck when she refused to date him.
Merida Barrios, 1100 block Circle Road, reported that at about 4:30 p.m. Thursday a male acquaintance assaulted her and then left on foot.
An officer who responded to the area saw a man, later identified as Juan Emanuel Sanchez-Perez, walking who was wearing a brown shirt with a cross on it like the one described by Barrios. The deputy detained Sanchez-Perez and Barrios identified him as her attacker.
Barrios had scratches on the left side of her neck and chin, sheriff’s reports said.
Sanchez-Perez, 26, 344 Circle Road, was charged with simple battery.
In another reported violent incident, Taylor Cato, 300 block Jack Pyle Road, reported Monday that a female relative grabbed her by the hair and threw her to the ground.
Cato told police that she was holding her 1-year-old daughter at the time she was attacked.
Cato had red marks on her arm and neck, sheriff’s reports said. No arrests were made.
• Rachel Carter Adams, 37, 1090 Old Hwy. 179 S., Whigham, was charged Monday with deposit account fraud.
• Juan Emanuel Sanchez-Perez, 26, 344 Circle Road, was charged Thursday with simple battery.
• Jason McCoy Jones, 35, 3820 Ellenton-Omega Road, Omega, was charged Monday with probation violation.
• Daniel Dewitt Trammell, 47, 509 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, was charged Friday with probation violation.
• Kristen Snyder, 100 block Carlton Drive, Norman Park, reported Tuesday that a juvenile male relative attempted to break into her residence.
Snyder told police that the boy wanted some different clothing while he was staying with someone while she was out of town, so he left that location and tried to enter the family’s residence.