MOULTRIE, Ga. — A Moultrie woman told police her harassment by an ex-boyfriend has lasted for more than a year, with the latest episode coming on Tuesday when he damaged her residence.
Alexis Haywood reported that when she returned to her residence in the 1100 block of 14th Street Southeast she found a vulgar word spray painted on the door of her storage house. The side door of the house also had been pried open and the bed in her son’s room had been disassembled and the mattresses flipped.
Haywood told police that she and the man had dated for a brief period about 18 months ago and the harassment has been ongoing since then. The man previously punched holes in the wall of her apartment, she reported, causing her to be evicted from the residence.
• Jose Sorano, 27, 421 Stewart Road, was charged Tuesday with speeding in a highway work zone, operation of a vehicle with improper plate, driving while license withdrawn and no insurance.
• Miranda Renae Hamm, 34, 1319 Alton Road, Norman Park, was charged Tuesday with theft by conversion and theft by receiving stolen property.
• Lee Roy Hamm, 40, 1319 Alton Road, Norman Park, was charged Tuesday with theft by taking.
• Troy Alex Tyrone Davidson, 34, 178 Randall Salter Road, Omega, was charged Tuesday with possession of firearm by convicted felon.
• Nicholas Dewayne McClendon, 35, 417 Sixth St. S.W.
Police arrested McClendon after they were dispatched to the residence of Shyvella Slater in the 200 block of First Avenue Southwest.
Slater told police that McClendon had threatened to plant drugs inside her house and that she wanted him to leave.
While officers were there, McClendon walked up and identified himself as Nick Williams. He also faces charges of probation violation and giving false name or information to police.
• Susie Q’s Shell/Blimpie, 1607 Camilla Hwy., reported Tuesday that a shoplifter stole a Monster energy drink and a deli sandwich valued at a total of $7.
A video shows the man enter and exit the restroom, place the drink in his shorts pocket, police said. He then took the sandwich from a rack and later placed it in the other shorts pocket.
He then purchased a $5 lottery ticket and left in a Chevrolet S10-style truck.
• R.W. Griffin Fertilizer reported Tuesday the theft of a pressure washer of unknown value from the 300 block of Fourth Avenue Northeast.
• Clifton Newsome, 56, reported Tuesday the theft of a Yeti cooler valued at $400 from the back of his truck.
Newsome told police that the theft occurred Sunday morning at a parking lot in the 2700 block of South Main Street. Video at the location showed a white male in a beige or gold Ford Taurus get out and remove the cooler from the truck. The Taurus had a sunroof and stickers on the windows, police said.
• Junior Lee Wright, 74, reported Monday the theft of prescription medication valued at $204.
• Raymond Bedal, 200 block Cabbage Road, reported Tuesday the theft of a chain saw valued at $525.
• Chad Hewett, 200 block B.F. Giles Road, reported Monday the theft of four tractor batteries with a total value of $560.
• Victor Velasquez, 800 block Doc Darbyshire Road, reported Monday the theft of the contents of his residence, taken while he was away.
Among the stolen property were his and his daughter’s passports, he told police.
• Calvin Dykes, 1300 block U.S Highway 319 North, Norman Park, reported Monday the theft of a cell phone valued at $200 that he misplaced while he was at a store in the 300 block of Veterans Parkway North.
• Ashley Adams, 300 block Shade Murphy Road, reported Friday that a female relative had used her identity when stopped by police and during hospital visits in Lowndes and Tift counties.
• Donna Thompson, 700 block 11th Street Southeast, reported Monday that someone made purchases totaling $607 on her bank card.
• Logan Hudson, 700 block Eighth Avenue Southeast, reported Monday that a female acquaintance grabbed her shirt and scratched her arm.
Nail marks were visible on Hudson’s left arm, police said.
• Tracy Mitchell, 29, reported Monday that a male companion’s ex-girlfriend spit in her face and damaged the mirror of her car in the 800 block of First Avenue Southeast.
The woman identified by Mitchell later contacted police through Facebook and during a subsequent phone conversation with the officer said that she “caught him” with Mitchell and “decided to break the mirror” of her car.