MOULTRIE, Ga. — Police say a Moultrie woman sought to get even with her boyfriend by reporting him to law enforcement, but the plan backfired when she admitted as much to responding officers.
Jaden Mackenzie Ousley, 17, 1509 Hutchinson Drive, was charged with false report of a crime.
Seven Colquitt County sheriff’s deputies responded when Ousley reported that her boyfriend had threatened her with a gun. Two went to where she was on North Main Street, and five went to find the boyfriend on Sylvester Drive.
The reporting deputy said Ousley immediately admitted she had lied when officers arrived. She said he didn’t have a gun and hadn’t threatened her.
The boyfriend showed officers a text message from Ousley that said she was going to get him in trouble, the deputy reported.
Ousley said she thought her boyfriend had been on the phone with another woman, but then she found out he was talking with a local retailer about a job.
• Benjamin Lawson Martin, 18, of Barney, was charged July 9 with interference with custody.
• Keith Thomas Lawhorne, 36, 1949 Highway 133 N., was charged July 9 with aggravated stalking.
• Larry Hunter Griffin, 24, of Poulan, was charged July 10 with driving while license withdrawn.
• Brady Anthony Kennedy, 20, 424 Sixth Ave. S.E., was charged July 9 with disorderly conduct.
• Dontavious Walden, 23, 523 Fourth Ave. S.W., was charged July 8 with battery.
• A juvenile was charged with possession of a pistol by a person under 18 years of age, as well as loud music and driving without a license following a traffic stop July 6.
The juvenile, whose age was not released, was driving a Dodge Challenger that police said was playing loud music on Fifth Street Southwest. It was discovered he did not have a driver’s license, and the car was searched in connection with his arrest on that charge. A Taurus 9mm handgun with 10 rounds was found in the glove box of the car.
He was released to his parents and a juvenile prosecution form was filled out, police said.
• Deion Jamaal Bradley, 26, of Valdosta, was charged July 10 with a brake lights/signals violation and driving while license withdrawn.
• Cliff Green, 44, 414 10th Ave. S.E., was charged July 10 with defective equipment and driving on a suspended or revoked license.
• Calvin Ray Simpson Jr., 31, 133 Denham Road.
• James Dorsey McDuffie, 47, 390 Magnolia Ave.
• Suzanne Eve Willoughby, 29, 119 Dogwood Drive.
• Michael William Camp, 42, of Cairo.
• Jason McCoy Jones, 41, of Moultrie.
• Horace Donald Jolly, 30, 904 Fifth St. N.W.
• Larry Timothy Weeks, 34, 301 MLK St., Norman Park.