MOULTRIE -- A Moultrie woman was arrested Thursday after allegedly admitting to stealing more than $3,000 worth of merchandise from a local department store, Moultrie police reports said.
Karen Allegood, 50, 1268 Doc Darbyshire Road, was charged Thursday with felony theft by taking. The thefts have been going on at Cato on Talmadge Drive since Dec.1. Allegood signed a statement admitting to the crimes in the district manager's presence, reports said.
Lynton Cox, 48, 222 Indian Creek Drive, was charged Thursday with selling methamphetamine.
Sheila Malton, 31, 708 D.H. Alderman Road, was charged Thursday with burglary.
James McMurphy, 36, 146 Janette Lane, was charged Thursday with bad checks.
Juan Cabrera, 20, Circle Road, was charged Thursday with DUI, driving without a license, failure to get a Georgia driver's license in 30 days of moving to the state, improper exhaust, illegal possession of alcohol and no insurance.
Dorothy Graham, 48, 302 Seventh St. N.W., was charged Thursday with DUI-third offense and not having a driver's license on her person.
Arnise Daniels, 27, 608 Third St. N.W., was charged Thursday with arson in the third degree. A witness told police that Daniels burned clothing that belonged to Trina Tuff, same address, in a barrel in front of the house, police reports said.
Mildred Taylor, of First Street Southeast, reported that a Weed Eater brand leaf blower was stolen from a shed on her property between Wednesday and Thursday, police reports said.
React to this story:
This Week's Circulars
MOULTRIE, GA.- Edna Courtney West, 90, of Moultrie, passed away Wednesday, November 24, 2021, at Archbold Medical Center. Cobb Funeral Chapel has been entrusted with arrangements. Please sign the online guestbook at www.cobbfuneralchapel.com.
Mrs. Mary Martha Crews McBurney, 98 of Alexandria, Louisiana, passed from this life, Saturday, November 20, 2021 at her residence. Arrangements to be announced by Hixson Brothers of Alexandria.
- A mother's son died in Georgia prison. The Department of Justice wonders if understaffing is why
- Colquitt County pays off its last debt
- Tifton couple hurt in wreck on Ellenton-Omega Road
- UPDATE: Teens killed in separate accidents Friday
- Crime reports for Nov. 23, 2021
- Valdosta snake scare suspect pleads guilty
- Colquitt County agrees to opioid settlement; Moultrie to consider it next month
- County plans to move 4 voting places; Crosland precinct's fate still being debated
- The Speakeasy on Main opens its doors
- Marco's Authentic Mexican Restaurant cuts ribbon