MOULTRIE — A Norman Park woman accused of ramming her husband’s truck and attacking him when he got out told law enforcement that she was angry at him because he didn’t visit their children or answer his phone.
Melisa Louise Folsom, 45, 1833 Hilltop Drive, Norman Park, was charged Thursday with criminal damage to property and simple battery in the incident.
An officer dispatched at about 8:30 a.m. to an auto accident on Anderson Drive first spoke with Folsom, who, when asked what happened, said “she hit him,” Colquitt County Sheriff’s Office reports said. She admitted purposely ramming Luke Folsom’s truck with her Ford Taurus, the officer said.
Luke Folsom told police that after leaving a relative’s house on 30th Avenue Northeast he noticed a gray car following him and when his phone rang he saw that it was his wife. At about that time she rammed his truck twice before he stopped, at which time she attacked him, he said.
Luke Folsom ran from the scene to a relative’s yard. Witnesses told police that they saw the second collision and then Melisa Folsom getting out and attacking her husband.
A set of keys and saw taken from Luke Folsom’s truck after the attack were found in Melisa Folsom’s car, police said.
In other arrests:
• William Lee Poole, 33, 338-A Tommy Meredith Road, was charged Thursday with burglary and two counts probation violation.
• Charles Leonard Lewis Jr., 35, 108 McNeil Road, Norman Park, was charged Thursday with possession of marijuana and speeding in a highway work zone.
• Quinton Demario Bradley, 500 Pinson Road, Albany, was charged Thursday with failure to appear.
• Willie Lawton, 52, 219 Seventh Ave. S.E., was charged Thursday with two counts of theft by shoplifting.
Lawton is accused of concealing four packs of ox tail meat valued at $52 in his clothing while inside Wal-Mart, 641 Veterans Parkway S.
A store employee told police that Lawton dropped two packs when he was confronted. Store video showed Lawton leaving a car in the parking lot.
Two other packs of ox tail meat were found in a car, police said.
Police also charged Lawton in an Aug. 9, 2014, theft of three packs of beef jerky at Dollar General, 2411 S. Main St.
• Carmen Yolanda Moore, 49, 1841 S. Main St., was charged Thursday with speeding, no insurance and suspended tag.
• Corey Ronzell Daniels, 37, 2212 West Blvd., was charged Thursday with battery.
• Samantha L. Muir, 24, 2107 West Blvd., was charged Thursday with theft by shoplifting and criminal trespass.
She is accused of stealing compact discs valued at $159 from Wal-Mart.
• Jerome Leggett, 51, 629 Oak Circle, was charged Thursday with possession of marijuana.
• Angie Denell McDuffie, 36, 176 Dogwood Drive, was charged Wednesday with theft by taking.
Georgia State Patrol
• Christopher Eric Robichaud, 31, 815 J.O. Stewart Road, Norman Park, was charged Thursday with tail lights required, fleeing or attempting to elude police officer, reckless driving, failure to drive within single lane and failure to stop for stop sign.
• Syble Bennett Pedroso, 57, Tifton, was charged Thursday with driving under the influence and failure to stop for stop sign.
• Adrian Soto, 17, 842 U.S. Hwy. 319 S.
• Justin Craig Wray, 28, 238 Happy Valley Lane, Sylvester.