A woman who identified a male companion Friday night as an assailant who beat her face bloody changed her story the next day, saying that he had not been at their residence at the time.
Hazel Bradford, 100 block Colquitt Street, Ellenton, reported that a male companion hit her repeatedly in the face after waking her up at about 8:30 p.m. She told police that she escaped and went to a neighbor’s residence, where she called 911.
Bradford, who appeared to be extremely intoxicated, had blood covering her face, a scrape on her left cheek and could not breathe through her nose, sheriff’s reports said. She identified the alleged attacker and told officers that he left on foot. She said he possibly would head to Adel and that she wanted him arrested.
When the deputy followed up with her the next day she denied that the man she identified had been there and said that someone must have come in and attacked her after she fell asleep with the door open.
The night of the beating, Bradford fell down on the steps three times, sheriff’s reports said.
Bradford refused treatment from Emergency Medical Service personnel, who, along with a witness, told police that incidents between Bradford and her boyfriend occur regularly, sheriff’s reports said. She also refused offers to go to a domestic abuse shelter or to a relative’s residence.
Officers told her to call 911 if she needed assistance again.
In other violence:
• Samantha Brockington, 1200 block Sixth Avenue Northwest, reported Friday that a male acquaintance hit her in the face with his fist.
Brockington had visible injuries to the face and arms, police said.
• Rodney Morris, 24, 2157 Hwy. 133 N., was charged Saturday with battery.
Morris was arrested after Jessica Ogle, 24, Moultrie, reported that Morris slapped her, choked her and bit her ring finger.
Ogle had injuries consistent with that account, police said. Morris told police that he argued with Ogle but was not physical.
Ogle had reported that a man pointed a pistol at her earlier in the day.
• Janice Deane Jones, 58, 908 Fourth St. N.W., was charged Thursday with driving under the influence and open container violation.
• John Paul Williams, 33, 2235 Sylvester Drive, was charged Friday with probation violation.
• Isis Onelia Argueta, 26, Regency Village Drive Lot 9, was charged Friday with probation violation.
• Johnny Will Moore, 64, 1108 Alberta Ave., was charged Friday with probation violation.
• Evelyn Jane Gonzalez, 62, 2201 Bourgogne Drive, Tallahassee, Fla., was charged Saturday with driving under the influence, reckless driving and speeding.
• Terrell Leonard Brown, 31, 2140 62nd Terrace Apt. 5, St. Petersburg, Fla., was charged Friday with driving with suspended license, speeding and two counts child safety restraint violation.
• Felipe Uriegas, 34, 503 College Circle, Doerun, was charged Sunday with driving under the influence, failure to stop at stop sign, open container violation, too fast for conditions and no insurance.
• Derick Jerome Mitchell, 33, 623 Fourth St. N.W., was charged Friday with driving on suspended license, safety belt violation and improper tag display.
• Robert James Edwards, 53, 119 19th St. N.E., was charged Friday with theft by shoplifting.
• Garey Wayne Ruis, 69, 2101 West Blvd., was charged Saturday with hit and run.
• Jaclyn Dorothy Karr, 34, 1813 Sycamore Ave., Albany, was charged Friday with disorderly conduct.
• Bobby Markel Clemmons, 22, 1813 Sycamore Ave., Albany, was charged Friday with failure to appear and probation violation.
• Nijuan Anastasia Ragin, 27, 1515 Fourth Ave. N.E. Apt. E-8, was charged Sunday with suspended license and failure to stop at stop sign.s
• Jose Luis Rubio-Perez, 36, 153 Cook Road, was charged Saturday with no driver’s license and child safety restraint violation.
• Marcel Almaraz Monjaraz, 19, 657 Circle Road Lot 19, was charged Sunday with no driver’s license and tag light violation.
• Ivan Castillo, 23, 315 Honey Bear Road, Norman Park, was charged Sunday with driving under the influence, driving while unlicensed, canceled registration, failure to maintain lane and safety belt violation.
• Carla Mashell Thompson, 32, 166 Ortiz Lane, was charged Friday with theft by shoplifting.
• Tatayana Roquell Blackwell, 21, 424 Sixth Ave. S.E., was charged Saturday with probation violation.
• Ruth Ashlie Arnett, 33, 1515 Fourth Ave. N.E. Apt. M-1, was charged Saturday with probation violation.
• Toney Dewayne Striplin, 54, 224 Lakeshore Drive, was charged Sunday with probation violation.
Georgia State Patrol
• Shontarien N. Pace, 20, 812 Northside Drive Apt. 5, was charged Saturday with driving while license withdrawn and speeding.
• Christopher Dean Sammons, 28, 1597 Lanier Road, Coolidge, was charged Friday with probation violation.
• Jennifer Slusha, 700 block Sardis Church Road, reported the theft of a Sanyo television and cash with a total value of $1,574.
Slusha reported finding a window open when she returned home.
• Veronica Sifuentes, 100 block Ewer Road, reported Sunday that a television valued at $250 was stolen in a burglary of her residence.
• Rosemary May, 400 block Alton Road, reported Sunday the theft of a Kenmore washer and dryer, refrigerator, microwave oven, computer with scanner and printer, Sears vacuum cleaner, four end tables, space heater, hop chest, television receiver, and Sanyo TV and DVR player combination.
She estimated the total amount of the stolen property at $895.
• Leon’s TV Repair Shop, 1312 First St. N.E., reported Sunday that someone kicked open the front door and stole five flat screen televisions. The value of the stolen property was unknown.
• Edward Gamble, 1000 block Second Street Southeast, reported that property valued at $690 was stolen in a burglary of his residence,
• Nancy Strickland, 200 block Lakeshore Road, reported Saturday that a male acquaintance took her 1999 Ford Explorer and her dog without her permission.
Strickland told police that she and the man had been drinking and that he only was to drive the truck from the 700 block of Lakeshore Road to the house into which she is moving.
While a deputy was there the man called and told Strickland he was at his brother’s residence on Dunn Road. The deputy told Strickland to get in touch with the sheriff’s office on Monday if she wished to press charges.
• Save-A-Lot, 205 Sixth St. S.E., reported Sunday that a man concealed two candy bars and left the story.
• Laura Spires, 100 block Cobblestone Trace, reported Saturday the theft of property valued at $140 out of a 2013 Nissan Altima.
• Luis Cardenas-Jiminez, 36, Moultrie, reported Friday the theft of a Stihl weed trimmer and edge trimmer out of a trailer parked in the 200 block of Sixth Street Southeast.
The stolen property was valued at $537.
• Essie Lee, 600 block Ninth Avenue Southeast, reported Friday the theft of a license plate off a 1997 GMC Jimmy.
• Save-A-Lot, 205 Sixth St. S.E., reported Friday that a man put candy bars valued at $1 in his pocket. Employees got the candy bars back before the man fled the store.
• Buddy’s, Moultrie, reported Thursday that a man who had rented a flat screen television and Xbox 360 sold them at a pawn shop.
• Dollar General, 1908 First Ave. S.E., reported Thursday that a shoplifter stole a box of bandages valued at $2.
• Patsy Akridge, 400 block George Flowers Road, Norman Park, reported Thursday that someone used her debit card fraudulently to make purchases in Minnesota.
• Carlos Gonzales, 200 block Yogi Bear Road, Norman Park, reported Sunday that after sending $1,950 via the Internet to the supposed agent of a woman selling a 207 Honda Accord he has not been able to contact either the woman or the alleged agent.
Gonzales saw the car for sale in an ad on the site Craigslist.
• Carolyn Edwards, 500 block Fifth Street Southwest, reported Friday that unauthorized transactions were made on her checking account through Colorado.
• Keilla Decatur, 600 block Third Street Southeast, reported Friday that someone filed a fraudulent income tax return using her persona information.
• Cory McCrackin, 100 block Southern Trail, reported Saturday that a neighbor’s pit bull dog bit him in the hand.
McCrackin, who made the report at Colquitt Regional Medical Center’s emergency room, told police that the animal first charged his niece and then charged him when he tried to make the dog leave his yard.
Animal control responded to the area, sheriff’s reports said.
• Angel Fisher, 200 block Seminole Drive, reported Saturday that when she returned home she found her front door unlocked and the back door open. Nothing appeared to be missing.
• Darryl Phillips, 1900 block Sylvester Drive, reported Sunday that a 1998 Pontiac Bonneville was scratched on the hood, fender, doors and trunk.
• George Dixon, 1000 block 10th Avenue Southeast, reported Friday that a 2003 Yamaha motorcycle was damaged.