The 1957 Masters tournament requested radio operators from the communications school at Fort Gordon Army school at Augusta, Ga., to relay scores to the tote board, using PRC-9 hand held radios. I was a student in the school at this time. I was aware of this social event, but I did not volunteer - sounded kinda boring at the time.
This Week's Circulars
WARNER ROBINS [mdash]Geraldine Marie Bell Gambill Carlton, 95, of Warner Robins, formerly of Moultrie, died Thursday, September 19, 2019 at Houston Medical Center in Warner Robins. Cobb Funeral Chapel has been entrusted with arrangements.
- Moultrie native dies of injuries from fall in Macon
- Greyhound bus service returns to Moultrie
- Alleged labor trafficking victim tells of mistreatment in Wisconsin, Georgia
- Packers fall in thriller to Valdosta 50-49
- UPDATE: 5 charged in robberies targeting Hispanics
- GSP declines to identify child hit by car
- Students show support for young accident victim
- Crime reports for Sept. 20, 2019
- Gov. Kemp announces Rural Strike Team, statewide 'Georgia Made' tour
- Crime report for Sept. 17, 2019