A state representative has announced plans for a bill that would allow college athletes to receive certain kinds of compensation. What do you think about that?
As featured on
ATLANTA — A group of Georgia lawmakers would like to show college athletes the money.
The United States' largest governing body for college athletics took the first step Tuesday toward allowing amateur athletes to cash in on their fame, voting unanimously to permit them to "benefit from the use of their name, image and likeness."
This Week's Circulars
NORMAN PARK [mdash] Kathryn Adams Lowe, 79, died Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019, at her home in Norman Park. Arrangements have been entrusted to Baker Funeral Home.
MOULTRIE, GA [mdash]Thelma Dunlap, 86, of Moultrie, died Thursday, November 14, 2019 at her residence. Arrangements entrusted to Baker Funeral Home.
MOULTRIE, GA [mdash]Jayla Alexander, 18, of Moultrie died on Sunday, November 10. The family will have a visitation on Friday, November 15 at Southview Mortuary Chapel from 7:00-8:00 p.m. Homegoing services will be held Saturday at 2:00 p.m. at Live Oak Missionary Baptist Church with committ…
- Woman hit by car identified as Clerk of Court
- UPDATE: Victim from Saturday's fatal shooting in Moultrie identified
- Vigil honors victim of Saturday shooting
- Peacock's attorneys argue for a new trial
- Man shot, woman killed in separate attacks
- Suspect arrested in 1 of 2 Saturday shootings
- Crime reports for Nov. 12, 2019
- Six face charges in attack on Moultrian
- Carson Tyler commits to Indiana
- Crime reports for Nov. 14, 2019