John Samuel Shenker caught a 6-yard touchdown pass from Joey Gatewood on Saturday during Auburn’s 28-20 victory over Texas A&M.
It was the former Colquitt County receiver’s only catch, but it was his second touchdown reception since being at Auburn. He caught one against Georgia last year.
Auburn, now 4-0, will be home to meet Mississippi next Saturday.
• Kaleb Dawson got some playing time in Appalachian State’s 34-31 upset of North Carolina last Saturday.
The Mountaineers tipped away a potential game-tying field goal as time expired.
It was the first meeting between App State and North Carolina since 1940.
The 3-0 Mountaineers will play host to Coastal Carolina on Saturday.
• Senior safety Landon Scott was credited with five solo tackles and one assist in Lenoir-Rhyne’s 34-17 victory over Newberry last Saturday.
Ian Brinson started at right tackle.
The Bears are now 3-0 overall after winning their South Atlantic Conference opener.
Lenoir-Rhyne will travel to Mars Hill on Saturday.
• All three former Packers performed for Tennessee in the Vols’ 34-3 loss at Florida last Saturday.
Shawn Shamburger started at cornerback and had three solo tackles.
JJ Peterson and Jay Blakely also got on the field for the Volunteers, who will play next on October 5 at home against Georgia.
• Tulane scored on a 53-yard touchdown pass with three seconds remaining to defeat Houston 38-31 in a game televised last Saturday on ESPN.
Tirise Barge continues to play in the secondary for the Green Wave.
Tulane, now 3-1 overall and 1-0 in the American Athletic Conference, will play next on October 5 against Army at West Point.
• Steven Krajewski completed one of his two passes for 4 yards in UConn’s 38-3 loss at Indiana on Saturday.
The Huskies are now 1-3 as they prepare to travel to meet Central Florida in Orlando on Saturday.
• Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College defeated Jones College 20-14 last Saturday to raise its record to 4-0.
Brian Merritt had an 8-yard sack in the game for the Bulldogs.
Mississippi Gulf Coast will travel to play Copiah-Lincoln Community College on Thursday.
• T.J. Smith continues to start at defensive tackle for Arkansas, which lost at home to San Diego State 31-24 on Saturday.
The 2-2 Razorbacks will play at Texas A&M on Saturday.
• Freshman Jay Ward got some playing time in LSU’s 66-38 win over Vanderbilt on Saturday. The Tigers will be at home on Oct. 5 to face Utah State.
• Also getting playing time in recent games are Chase Parrish, at Navy; Noah Hightower, the snapper at Shorter; and Quan Stokes, starting on the offensive line at Faulkner.
• In high school football last weekend, eight Colquitt opponents were in action. Camden County rolled over Brunswick, 48-20; Grayson pulled away from Westlake 35-21; Lowndes knocked off Miami Northwestern 48-21; Parkview won over Tift County 20-7; Valdosta kept putting up big numbers in a 44-7 defeat of Beaufort, S.C.; North Gwinnett won its third straight after opening the season with a 17-6 loss to the Packers, shutting out Walton 35-0; and Trinity Christian of Jacksonville, Fla., won over Carol City of Miami, Fla., 42-21.