It took the Packers a quarter and a half to get warmed up, but when they did, they put two touchdowns on the board in the final 8:23.
The first score was set up when Vance Cuff tipped a Meadowcreek punt and Antwan Tuff recovered on the Mustangs 40.
On the first play, Heath handed off to Orion Ponder, who threw downfield and connected with Jeremy DeBruce on a 36-yard completion to the Mustangs 4-yard line.
On the next play, fullback Ricky Grier took the handoff and hit and fumbled into the end zone, where Heath came up with the ball for the Packers first touchdown of the year.
Matt DeMott converted to put the Packers up 7-0 with 8:23 left in the first half.
After forcing the Mustangs to punt on their next possession, the Packers marched 40 yards on 12 plays with Ponder banging in from four years out for the touchdown. DeMott's second conversion put the Packers up 14-0 with 1:59 left in the half.
The Mustangs were held to just 26 total yards and three first downs in the first half.
The Packers rolled up 159 yards in the first half, including 123 yards on the ground.
Colquitt added to its lead on itsfirst play ofthe second half when Heath connected with B.J. Howard on a 48-yard scoring pass and DeMott converted for the third straight time to putthe Packers up 21-0 with 9:22 left in the third quarter.
Tracey Brown's 38-yard punt return moments later set up Ricky Grier's 5-yard scoring run. DeMott's conversion made it 28-0 with 6:01 left in the quarter.
This Week's Circulars
MOULTRIE, GA.- Edna Courtney West, 90, of Moultrie, passed away Wednesday, November 24, 2021, at Archbold Medical Center. Cobb Funeral Chapel has been entrusted with arrangements. Please sign the online guestbook at www.cobbfuneralchapel.com.
Mrs. Mary Martha Crews McBurney, 98 of Alexandria, Louisiana, passed from this life, Saturday, November 20, 2021 at her residence. Arrangements to be announced by Hixson Brothers of Alexandria.
- A mother's son died in Georgia prison. The Department of Justice wonders if understaffing is why
- Colquitt County pays off its last debt
- Tifton couple hurt in wreck on Ellenton-Omega Road
- UPDATE: Teens killed in separate accidents Friday
- Crime reports for Nov. 23, 2021
- Valdosta snake scare suspect pleads guilty
- Colquitt County agrees to opioid settlement; Moultrie to consider it next month
- County plans to move 4 voting places; Crosland precinct's fate still being debated
- The Speakeasy on Main opens its doors
- Marco's Authentic Mexican Restaurant cuts ribbon