Kickoff is 7:30 p.m. at Mack Tharpe Stadium for the Packers vs. the Lowndes Vikings.

In one of the most remarkable victories in Colquitt County history, the Packers scored a touchdown with 33 seconds left on a fourth-down pass then got a 2-point conversion pass to upset Camden County 32-31 on Friday at Chris Gilman Stadium.

The victory sends the Packers to the state semifinal for the second year in a row to meet Grayson in Loganville.

Grayson advanced with a victory over West Forsyth on Friday.

The Packers will take an 11-2 record to Loganville. The Packers will face Grayson on the road for the second-straight year.

The Packers never led in the game against the No. 1 team in Class AAAAA until quarterback Cole Segraves completed a 2-point conversion pass to Ty Smith with 33 seconds left after faking a run.

Segraves had just tied the game on a 23-yard pass to Bobby Hill on fourth down from the Wildcats 23.

The loss was the first of the year of the Wildcats, who finish 12-1. The 32 points were the most surrendered by the Wildcats this season.

The two teams alternated scores and Camden County took what appeared to be the winning touchdown on a 4-yard run by Shaquann Brock with 2:34 left.

But the Packers drove 80 yards to get the improbable winning touchdown and 2-point conversion.

Segraves had three big completions in the game-winning drive before the throw to Hill. He hit Ty Smith for 21, Tre Cooper for 30, Hill for 11 and Cooper for 11 more to the 8.

The Packers tied the game with 56.5 seconds left in the first half on a 3-yard run by Sharmaine Washington.

The score was set up when Ty Smith took a screen pass from quarterback Cole Segraves 61yards down the sideline before stepping out of bounds at the Wildcats 3 with 1:03 left in the half.

Oscar Luna tied the game 10-10 with an extra point.

Camden's Kevonne McKenzie ran 39 yards to the Packers 16 on the final play of the half and when a flag was thrown at the end of the play, Camden fans thought the Packers should have been flagged for a personal foul and the Wildcats would get another play.

But the flag was on Camden and the half ended.

Camden took the opening kickoff and drove to the Packers 21, where Colquitt held and gave up just a 44-yard Keith Peck field goal with 6:42 left in the quarter.

The Packers came back with a long drive of their own and Luna kicked a season-long 51-yard field goal to tie the game 3-3 with 2:46 left.

Camden County took the lead with 5:03 left in the half when Brice Ramsey hit J.J. Green and the fleet junior took it 50 yards for the touchdown. Jordan Reiling's extra point put the Wildcats up 10-3 with 5:03 left.

Camden had a chance to add to its lead, but a 45-yard field goal attempt by Ramsey was wide left later with 2:07 left in the half.

Colquitt took over at its 20 and went 80 yards for the tying touchdown.

Segraves had connected with Bobby Hill for 12 yards to the Packers 36 before connecting with Smith.

Camden took a 17-10 lead in the third quarter on a run by Brock, but Colquitt tied it on a 5-yard run by Washington with 2:05 left in the quarter.

A 52-yard run by Green gave the Wildcats a 24-17 lead, but John Gray returned a fumble 55 yards and the game was tied 24-24.

That set the stage for the wild final 2:34.

Ramsey tried to get a 56-yard field goal off at the buzzer, but time ran out.

Segraves completed 17-of-24 passes for 248 yards for the Packers.

React to this story:


Recommended for you